Sign our letter to Congressman Holden: Give the Dirty Money Back!
Congressman Tim Holden just introduced a bill to allow industrial farmers to dump animal waste into the Chesapeake Bay. According to the Republic Report, he then immediately received $16,000 in campaign contributions from the National Turkey Federation, the National Chicken Council, Dean Foods, and other polluters.
We’re sending this letter to Congressman Holden, asking him to give the dirty money back. Will you help us by co-signing?
Dear Congressman Holden,
In March, you introduced a bill in Congress to allow industrial agriculture to put more waste into the Chesapeake Bay. Over the following six weeks, you received $16000 from industrial agricultural interests.
- March 7: You introduced a bill to kill EPA efforts to regulate cross-state industrial farm pollution into the Chesapeake Bay.
- March 12: the National Council of Farmer Cooperatives gave you $1,000.
- March 26: the National Turkey Federation PAC gave you $2,000 (in addition to $1,000 earlier this cycle).
- March 26: the Cotton Growers PAC gave you $1,000.
- March 26:Dean Foods Company PAC gave you $2,500 (in addition to $2,000 already given to you this cycle).
- March 30: the National Chicken Council PAC gave you $2,000 (in addition to $1,000 given to you earlier in the cycle).
- March 30: the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association gave you $2,000.
- April 11: the National Corn Growers PAC gave you $2,500.
- April 13: the pork industry’s Pork PAC gave you $3,000.
While not necessarily illegal, these actions suggest that you are engaging in legislative favors and hoping for campaign money as a result. Please clear the air and return this money so your constituents and the American public know that you cannot be bought.
United Republic &
Add your name here
We’re going to deliver this to Holden’s office, with your name on it. He’s got a big vote in his primary campaign coming up, so this kind of activity can actually have an effect!
This is a great opportunity to show America what kind of corruption goes on in our government every day. Will you help us spread the word?
We’ve drafted a sample letter to the editor that you can send to your local paper.
Corruption is disgusting. In this case, literally.
Thank you for helping us fight it.