Lead the movement in the fight against political corruption.
Here are some tools to get you started.
“The most important political office is that of private citizen.”
Former U.S. Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis
From the Occupy movement to the Tea Party, Americans of all political stripes are fed up with a government that doesn’t seem to care about their concerns.
The tools below will help you connect to others and join the growing movement to reclaim our democracy from Big Money special interests.
|Meetup Toolkit: Everything your need for planning your first meetup, and developing a constructive, ongoing working group.||Sample Agenda for your first meetup|
|Tips for running great meetings||Sample letter to your representative|
|Sample Agenda for ongoing meetups|
- Meetup.org: Join a local meetup group with like-minded activists—or start one of your own.
- Find Your Lawmakers: And make sure they know you’re here to win this fight
- How to Write a Letter to the Editor: A great way to connect with your community.
- How to Record a YouTube Video: Find your voice and tell your story.
- Create a Facebook Page: Grow your online community.
- Doodle: An easy, efficient way to schedule meetings.
- Google Docs: Collaborate and share your documents.
- OpenSecrets: A comprehensive source for data on political spending.
- MAPLight: See who’s spending money to influence legislation.
- Republic, Lost: Lawrence Lessig’s explanation of our political corruption—and how to stop it.